Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Uh Oh, it's 2012

So, here is my first post on any sort of blogging website I have ever used. I didn't exactly know what to make it about so the obvious solution was to make a blog relating to anything that comes to mind. And because I've been watching History Channel on TV all day because its my day-off, my first topic will be the theories of 2012. Though I may not be a total believer to the end of the world on Dec. 21st 2012, it is nonetheless an interesting topic. There are many different theories as to what is going to happen at the end of this year, and I wanted to know the thoughts of anyone who reads this blog.

3 comments:

  1. My thought on this topic is the Myan calendar ended on that date, however they did not account for leap year. Because of this fact December 21 2012 on the Myan calendar would have technically already passed. Which means the world should have ended roughly 8 months ago to keep up with the Myan calendars dates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirstin, I had no idea that the Myans did not account for leap year, which does change the doomsayers. For my take, I figured they were "done." Seriously, how far in the future should a group of people have to create a calender. At some point you just say, "I'm done," and "Let the next generation finish this up of they so desire."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michael, very interesting blog! I think I have heard so many 2012 theories, but the one I most recently heard of is,that sunrise on that day will more or less match up with some feature in space, according to John Major Jenkins, the Astrological Scientist. I take the theories all with a grain of salt.

    ReplyDelete