Thursday, May 31, 2012

Is It The End?

Now that I've posted some of the 2012 end up of the world predictions, I'd like to post a little bit about those theories and more debunked. I read an article on the National Geographic website that had a list of some of the myths I have already covered and a little more I have never heard of before. They're in quite a bit of detail (and convincing as well). I just thought it would be a nice twist on what I've posted before. I'll post the link at the bottom of the page and give a little info on what sort of content is on the site. Maya Predicted End of World?: Basically, instead of December 21, 2012 being a "doomsday" sort of disaster, it is just the cycle too a whole new year on the Mayan calender. It's somewhat equivalent to New Year's Day type of holiday. Planet X collision course?: This is one I've never heard of before. It's about as simple as its title though. Some believe that a planet named Nibiru is going to either hit, or come close to Earth. NASA scientists say there is virtually no chance of this happening because an object like that should of been spotted by this point. Solar Storms Savage Earth?: Another I've never heard of before, some say that the Sun will produce solar flares that will be hot enough to fry the Earth. This theory is debunked by another NASA astronomer who tracks the Sun's movements each year. He says every 11 years their is a cycle for the Sun to produce minor solar flares but nothing strong enough to destroy the Earth. Plus, that peaking cycle isn't supposed to be around for 2 more years. Check it out!: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/11/091106-2012-end-of-world-myths.html

No comments:

Post a Comment